V.I.E - Innovation and Development Engineer Poland F/M
You will join a dynamic team, in the innovation department of Eurovia Polska, in
Mysłowice which is located 1 hour by car/train from Kraków.
Eurovia Polska is in charge of Power Road®, a major milestone in Eurovia’s innovation policy.
With Power Road®, Eurovia has devised a new function for roads, namely, the production of heat energy. This development allows roads to capture the sun’s heat energy, which can be stored and distributed to nearby buildings and infrastructure through a heat-pump system. With Power Road®, the road, without deviating from its primary use, can play a new role in the transition to a low-carbon economy.
To learn more about it, do not hesitate to visit our website :
The aim of the position is to deepen your theoretical and, above all, your practical knowledge in the field of implementing Eurovia's flagship product, which is PowerRoad, and you will also have a chance to expand your knowledge of new technologies.
Your main missions will be as such :
The work will consist of working on the job site and in the office. You will return to your place of stay for the night. Several days of the delegation cannot be ruled out.
Also, you will assist in the preparation of implementation documentation and in the implementation of Power Road technology on the construction site in Poland.
The Innovation team is composed of 2 people. The Product Development Manager will be your daily contact person.
What would a typical day looks like ?
Visits on the job site, preparation of technical documentation, technology overview.
07:00-08:00 Start of the work
08:00-12:00 Daily tasks
12:30–16:00 Complete tasks and summarize the day
This is a great opportunity for an innovation and development engineer to join an exciting project !
Our ideal candidate must be :
- School : A University graduate at technical university with degree in Construction; Engineering or similar discipline.
- Interests: new technologies and innovations.
- Soft Skills : communicativeness, interest in technical news. Keen to learn and face new challenges while looking for continuous improvement. "Can do" attitude and being a team player.
- Technical skills : road construction knowledge.
- Language skills : Fluent English speaker (strong written and oral communication skills): English level – C1. Polish : knowledge of the Polish language is welcomed and would be an asset.
Keep in mind this is a V.I.E, thus you have to be :
- A European citizen (Schengen space) aged between 18 and 28 on the date of registration, whatever training level.
- A graduate student, with a C1 level in English and if possible minimum knowledge of the Polish language.
- Have never done any international volunteering in the past.
- Be in line with national services obligations of its home country (French candidates must have participated in the defense and citizenship day and be identified).
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Do not have worked previously in Poland.
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
- You will gain a great work experience thanks to an inspirational work environment;
- You will develop technical and soft skills through mentoring;
After the mission, you will have practical knowledge in the field of PowerRoad technology and will be prepared for its implementation in other units.