Safety Manager - 92 F/H
FREYSSINET (7 000 employees), a subsidiary of VINCI (a Major Construction Group), has wide expertise in construction, repair, reinforcement and maintenance of structures.
We look for a Safety Manager to our Major Projects Pole, in charge of huge projects (20 - 100 M€) located all over the world (Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, ...).
Reporting to the Major Projects Director, you improve the safety culture of our employees and the safety performance of the works within the Major Project Pole.
Working in a complex & multi people environment, you have a passion for Safety ; with strong and effective strategic leadership, you drive the Safety Management system on our Projects.
You main task are :
- For each project, decide about the HSE organization and HSE system to be implemented on site, together with the Operation Manager of the BU ;
- Assist site teams for the installation on the HSE system at the start of the project ;
- Throughout the work progress, maintain communication with the Site HSE Manager: support, share advice and good practice ;
- Assist site teams to implement action plans to improve the safety performance and the safety organization of the projects ;
- Analysis of accident/incident/near misses reports ;
- Proposal of action plans to improve the HSE culture and performance of the BUs ;
- Provide, diffuse HSE advice, good practice and alerts within the BU’s ;
- Prepare and check department and project HSE Training Specifications and records ;
- Pilot the reporting of the safety performance in the BUs ;
- Maintain communication and exchange of good practices with Freyssinet HSE Director and other pole HSE managers ;
- Maintain and update the HSE system and on-line tools as part of the implementation of the group policy and the continuous improvement of the organisation ;
- Maintain ISO 45001 certification.
The job position is located in our Head Office, with frequent travels abroad.
To be successful in this role you MUST have?
- Health and Safety Diploma
- Chartered/Professional member of a national or international professional body (e.g. IOSH, IIRSM, ASSP)
- 10 years HSE management experience, in the construction industry, in a multi-cultural environment
- Analysis and synthesis aptitudes, leadership, capacity to communicate and motivate people, autonomy and sense of responsability
- Fluent in english
AND ... a passion and love of what you do !